Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Update on my Writing for March


As the Mercenary Kickstarter is on the horizon, I thought I'd write about what I'm up to.

We are very busy on the fiction side of things. John Helfers is nothing but ambitious in getting Battletech Fiction out to everyone. I will be talking in general terms, as there are things happening behind the scene that I can't talk about yet.

The logo at the top of this column is tied to the novel I wrote: Elements of Treason: Honor. And it's about a faction that rarely gets any time on-screen, so to speak: Clan Hell's Horses. Like the other two Elements of Treason novels, this one has ties to the Tamar Rising sourcebook, covering the events that happened in that book. But unlike the other two novels, the Horses refused to be corralled to a 45K word count, so this novel will be the longest of the three. How much longer, I'm keeping to myself for the moment.

The Hell's Horses have always been a blank space of sorts. We know they are more open to combined-arms warfare than any of the other clans, they and the Ghost Bears don't get along and what was left of them back in the Clan Homeworlds became Clan Stone Lion. Other than that, they are a bit of a mystery, one I had to crack and bring them into line. I had mostly some established characters, recent history, the Mongol Doctrine, and the Tamar Rising sourcebook. So, I went to work. I turned in the second draft of the novel last week, so unless there's a need for a major rewrite, it's out of my hands.

The result is a good look inside the Clan itself, one I will talk about more when the novel is published. I've seen the cover image and it's a great image.

Shrapnel #12 is due out March 15, and Another short story of mine is in it. It's a look at an event from Battletech history, one that hasn't been filled in before. I think its the earliest story set in Battletech's history that I've fully written.

I have another novel submitted I'm waiting for feedback on. I won't say much more until it's in the chute for publication.

In addition, I have a couple of pitches in for approval and waiting on them. There are also a couple of other projects that are on the back burner at the moment, but soon will move to the front burner.

I can't want for the Kickstarter and what comes out of that.....

That's all for now,

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment