Monday, June 8, 2015

There Will be Battletech Novels!


I'm not letting the cat out of the bag --- it's been mentioned several times on the official forums and backed by people in the know. There's been no official announcement, but it looks like we're going to be getting Battletech novels!

Before anyone asks for any details -- I don't have any. The reveal was a much as a surprise to me as to any one else. And me asking around behind the scenes has not produced any details -- everyone is as tight-lipped as an ISF agent at a Black Dragon Convention. Even if I could, I can't tell you anything because I don't know anything. I am as much in the dark as everyone else.

No, I have not been asked to write a novel. My guess -- and only my guess, with no facts to back it up --- they would be looking for proven names to get the new series up and running. And despite the number of stories I've written for Battlecorps, I'm not a name author.

So, what does this mean? It means that I have a new challenge ---  prove to the Powers That Be that when they start looking for other authors, I'm worth a shot. That means more stories, maybe longer stories, maybe novellas. It's an opportunity, and I need to make the most of it. Need to write more and faster. I pitched for a slot in a BC anthology this morning and have several stories I need to work on. That means working more on this non-BT novel so I can clear it off my board.ASAP.

It also means I need to stay off the Internet more.....

So, here's my shot and I need to take it. Follow me as I try to grab the brass ring.

Later!

Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment