Saturday, October 3, 2015

Update on the Battletech Kickstarter and my writings



As I write this, the Battletech Kickstarter has passed $1.4 Million with over 20,000 backers with thirty-one days left to go. All I can say is will done Harebrain!

Personally, I'm surprised at the number of people who have already supported the kickstarter. Battletech has been around for over thirty years, and a lot of people think it's a dead game. Folks, it isn't and this kickstarter result is proof of that.

Another Battlecorps writer and myself were discussing this and, to be honest, we're a little disappointed that the only author involved in the kickstarter is Michael Stackpole. But then again, this is Michael Stackpole were talking about -- the author of the two most important Battletech trilogies in the Battletech Universe (Warrior and Children of Kerensky), and has written best-selling Star Wars novels! While I may have twenty-plus Batlecorps stories, I'm (very) small potatoes. Thanks to the "Backer Mission" system Harebrain has with the kick starter, Stackpole will write two original Battletech E-novellas If enough backer missions are completed, he could write as many as four, or if a certain level is reached, a full Battletech novel will replace the four novellas.

Which means I have to keep at it. My current Battlecorps projects are two stories I need to finish rewriting/revising. I also need to finish first draft of several other stories, and see what story ideas I can gleam for the latest round of Battletech products. And that doesn't include my other writing.

So, keep going Harebrain and I'll do the same!

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment