Monday, January 9, 2023

Icons of War Audiobook

In early September, Icons of War as released as an audiobook. Read by the Battletech's novel voice actor, Tren Sparks, this full-length audiobook is unabridged and bring Garman, Satinka, and the other characters to life. It's only five hours, seventeen minutes long, and can be burned to four or five CDs.

This isn't the first novel I've had involvement in that's an audiobook: the Outcast Ops novels I co-authored are also audiobooks. But Icon is my first solo novel on Audio, and it's strange to listen to the words I wrote. As an author, you can hear he character speak those lines -- you imagine they way they speak, their accents, their micro expressions. Now, I had no interaction with Tren -- I didn't give him any notes about how a character should sound, how to pronounce any of the words, or any other advice.

Yet, he did a great job. The voices he use, especially for Kyne, are good. Tren brings the characters to life -- maybe not exactly the way I envisioned them, but I have no complaints. In fact, I think Tren's Kyne is better than the voice I imagined for him. I love the audio version of Icons.

Now, it's only available on Audible, and can be found here: BattleTech: Icons of War Audible Audiobook – Unabridged. If you are a Audible subscriber, you can use your free monthly audiobook to chose Icons. Tren is a great narrator and he brings my words to life.

That's all for now.

Craig


 

No comments:

Post a Comment