Tuesday, January 3, 2023

What's on the Horizon for me in Battletech in 2023?

 


2023 is a new year and I hope will see more growth in both Battletech and my writing for it.

A note about upcoming projects: I have little insider knowledge of what's in the works unless I am directly involved in it. And even if I did know anything, I have an NDA preventing me from revealing it. So, when things are announced, I am as surprised and delighted as you are.

Right now, things are looking up. If things go right, I will have three Battletech novels out this year. I won't go into great detail, but want to say something about them.

The first one up should be Elements of Treason: Honor. This is a Hell's Horses-center novel, the first one about the combined-arms Clan. Like the other two Elements of Treason novels, the background for the novel can be found in the Tarmar Rising sourcebook. But unlike the other two, I couldn't fit the story into the word count of the other two. So, with John Helfer's (Catalyst's fiction director) permission, I expanded the novel to 75,000 words to broaden the story. The second draft was turned in just before the holidays, and hopefully, I will get the needed feedback before the end of the month.

The second novel has been written, but there are changes that will have to be made to bring it into line with the current timeline. The novel dives deeper into one of Major Houses' culture in an area that hasn't really been explored before. I won't say anything more than that, as I still need feedback from the powers that be on what needs to be changed.

The third novel is in the planning stages, and is part of a trilogy along with two other well-known BT authors. The three novels will cover events that have been talked about in sourcebooks, but have never been really explored before in fiction. More when the process is father along -- as I said, it's in the planning stages right now.

As for other projects, I'm still writing short stories and hope to have two more published in Shrapnel this year. I also have a few ideas for gaming content for Shrapnel I need to pitch to Phil. And if other lines ask for something from me, I will do my best to accommodate them.

That's the plan at any rate......

That's it for now, I'll try and be more proactive in the blogging part of the occupation. Until next time!


Craig

1 comment: