Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Looking Back at 2013 and Forward to 2014

Well, for the second year in a row, I have the first Battlecorps story of the year! Unfortunately, that first story in 2013 was my only Battlecorps story in 2013....

Last year was way off for my story writing. I did write other things for Battletech – several entries in the 3145 TROs, a couple of scenarios that were attached to stories The scenarios came first: the stories were written to fit the scenario, not the other way around.), and I was the lead writer on FR2765: DCMS. So, what I wasn’t active in the Battlecorps end of things, I was busy,.

Operation Red Lion makes my twentieth published short story for Battletech, all in less than five years. But I think it’s time I pushed myself back into the short story arena. So, here are my goal when it comes to Battlecorps:

I want to publish a minimum of six stories on Battlecorps in 2014. I had six stories in both 2009 and 2010, my first two years of being a Battlecorps author. So, the goal is not unreachable.

So, what does that mean for this blog?

I intend on updating this blog at least twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. As to what I’m going to write about, well, that’s going to be up in the air beyond writing about Battletech. I have a few ideas, and there might be a few surprises along the way.

In addition to this blog and my other blog (for my non-Battletech writing), I will be writing, or more accurately, finishing stories I’ve started. The number of half-finished stories on my tracking spreadsheet is large, so I intend on whittling down that number this year. I also have a couple of experimental things that may or may not go well. Things on my list include a sequel to Operation Red Lion, a third Gazael story, and a few other stories of interest.

Of course, this all depends on Jason the editor deciding the story is good enough to buy. We shall see if I can do it....

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment